- In one of my prior articles, I mentioned switching to organic food to lead a more healthy lifestyle. This included purchasing local organic pork (Wah Kee Pork) from Organic BB. Since then, it has come to my attention that Wah Kee farm maintains an online blog in chinese. To visit the blog, click here.
As a quick summary in english, wah kee farm is a local farm in yuen long with over 50 years of history. In 1996, the 2nd generation of wah kee’s farmers started to focus on raising pigs/hogs and began to introduce modern hygiene management practices as well as UK’s Bath Berkshire hog raising best practices to run the business. Wah Kee is now a iso 9001 certified farm.
For information of authorized sales points to purchase wah kee’s pork, click here. (NB: in chinese). Below is a translation of the sales points in English for those who cannot read Chinese.
- Yuen Long, Liu Lok Square, Yuen Long Government & Tai Kiu Market, Ground Floor, Shop M29/30
- Tai Po, Heung Sze Wui Street, Tai Po Complex, Ground Floor, Shop M37/38
- Tai Po, Tai Po Tai Wo Road, Tai Po Mega Mall, Yata Supermarket
- Fo Tan, 1 Tsun King Road, Ascot Plaza, Shop G31 – Organic B (Telephone is +852 2104 1000)
- Shatin, Pak Hong Ting Street, New Town Plaza, Yata Supermarket
- Shatin, CityOne, Ngan Shing Commercial Centre, Shop 108 – Organic B (Telephone is +852 2683 1333)
- Tseung Kwan O, Po Lam, MetroCity Plaza Phase 3, 1st Floor, Shop 151 – Organic B
- Hung Hom, 11 Ma Tau Wai Road, Hung Hom Municipal Services Building, Hung Hum Market, 1st Floor, M13
- Cheung Sha Wan, No.863 Lai Chi Kok Road, Banyan Mall, 1/F, Shop 14 – Organic B (Telephone is +852 2802 3283)
Hong Kong Island
- Sai Wan Ho, 111 Shau Kei Wan Road, Sai Wan Ho Market, Ground Floor, Shop M12