When we talk about a therapy or a remedy for eczema, most of the attention is often focused on the physical aspect… be it a debate on what on cream / ointment to use, or what constitutes an effective recovery routine or recommended dietary habits, etc. However, when you have chronic and prolonged eczema, it becomes more than a battle for physical recovery, it also becomes a psychological test & a spiritual toil. Hence, in my mind, therapy is needed for the body, mind and soul… it could even be debated that the inner scars that eczema leaves behind are often deeper than the physical ones.
In this post, I have compiled a list of youtube videos of some of my favourite songs that I listen to as therapy, relaxation or motivation for my eczema and I would like to share the list with other chronic eczema sufferers. A key criteria in the selection of the songs is listening to songs that gives me a positive attitude rather than a feeling of collective sorrow or sadness (I’m sure we all have our own mourning songs).
I will update the list from time to time. If you have any song suggestions, please send me a comment and I will add it into the list if I also think it is a good time. Relax and enjoy.
“Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.” – Ronald Reagan
- Too legit to quit – MC Hammer
- Beat it – Michael Jackson
- Till I collapse – Eminem
- Lose yourself (live) – Eminem
- It’s like that – Run DMC ft DJ Jason Nevins
- I will survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Will work for love – Usher
- Man in the mirror (live) – Michael Jackson
- Stand by me (live) – Playing for Change
- Three little birds – Bob Marley
- Could you be loved – Bob Marley
- One love – Bob Marley
- Don’t worry be happy – Bobby Mcferrin
- Don’t look back in anger (live) – Oasis
- I want to break free – Queen
- I’m yours (live) – Jason Mraz
- Let your soul be your pilot – Sting